04 December 2010

Ibis White

My buddy picked me up in an Audi RS5 this morning. It's got a few optional extras such as ceramic brakes, electric bucket seats and 20 inch 9j alloy wheels. The engine is the 4.2 V8 that is found in the Audi R8, although this V8 has more power due to extra weight of the RS5 at 1,800 kilos.

The torque is immense and it sings to 8,200 rpm. The redline seems very high for a V8, especially as this engine has a long stroke. When the car is in 'dynamic' mode the suspension is as firm as the HSD's on my Roadster and the exhaust note changes so that it howls. Here are a few pics from this morning.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooo...a replica of the old Whittle prototype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's only a few miles from me. It is based just outside from Lutterworth where Frank Whittle was born I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The R8's got a V10 in it, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. V10 and V8, there are two engine options. V10 is the same as the Lamborghini I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precisely! Who would bother with the V8?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. V8 was first, then the V10 came later.

    ReplyDelete